Saving money on your water bills can also help the environment so here are 5 great tips.
1. Install a water meter - this will help you monitor your water usage and cut down.
2. Fix any dripping taps - leaks and drips can waste an enormous amount of water every year and if you are on a meter this could prove to be costly.
3. Use the show instead of the bath - the bath uses around 80 litres of water whereas a shower will use on average 50 litres, so that's a great saving.
4. Cut down on toilet flushing - flush only when you need to. Urine can sit in the bowl for a few hours so its ok to leave for the next flush.
5. Use a dishwasher - energy efficient for a family they generally use less water than filling up washing up bowls, so you save on water and the hard work of washing up!